We believe that children benefit most from Pre-school education and care when parents and pre-school work together in a partnership.
- Make all new parents aware of the Pre School’s systems and policies and encourage and support parents on an individual basis to play an active part in the management of the group.
- Ensure that parents are informed on a regular basis about their child’s progress.
- Ensure that all parents have opportunities to contribute from their own skills, knowledge and interest to the activities of the Pre School.
- Involve parents in shared record keeping about their own child, whether formally or informally.
- Ensure that all parents are fully informed about meetings, conferences workshops and training.
- Hold meetings in venues, which are accessible and appropriate for all.
- Welcome the contributions of parents, whatever form these may take.
- Make known to all parents the systems for registering queries, complaints or suggestions.
- Provide opportunities for parents to learn about the Pre-School curriculum and about young children’s learning, in Pre-School and at home.
The fund-raising committee is responsible for organising fund-raising activities within the Pre School, with the help of interested parents/guardians, carers, grandparent’s etc.
The management committee is responsible for the business and policy decisions for the group.
Research shows that children learn better when their parents are involved. Our rota system involves all parents in helping in the Pre School on a regular basis. It gives parents the opportunity to take an active part in the Pre School, to see what happens there and to talk about it afterwards with their child, in addition, the rota system provides a valuable opportunity for all children to see their parents/carers in a new role.
Policy adopted at the management committee meeting 23.4.2014